Senior Art Director
Deep Sky is seeking a “hands-on” Art Director with strong ideation and conceptual abilities to join our team in Portland, Oregon. We are searching for someone who can easily transmogrify detailed marketing messages and complex tech briefs into compelling visuals for video, social media, and other deliverables across events, broadcast, and digital channels.
Candidate must be detail-oriented, have a keen eye for great design, create characters, and give solid direction for both 2D and 3D visuals. This position requires direct interactions with our clients, so presentation and interpersonal skills are a must. Please provide your portfolio demonstrating strong design in the following types of work: 2D/3D characters and design for animation, advertising, brand identity (a plus), motion graphics, and storyboards/layouts/key frames.
- Ability to concept and design from scratch based on a creative brief or brainstorming discussion, and lead the team with a clear vision
- Pitch creative to clients and participate in collaborative work sessions, both internally and with clients; expected to participate as part of a team, or to produce a creative initiative from start to finish
- Meet tight deadlines, deliver professional artwork that is engaging, innovative and adheres to design best practices and brand standards
The successful candidate will possess:
- 5+ years as a professional designer and at least two years working in an animation environment
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other industry standards. (After Effects, Cinema 4D, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, ect.)
- Keeps current with the latest motion design videos and trends
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and thrive under tight deadlines
- A strong work ethic and down-to-earth personality, coupled with a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Brand identity, and UX experience a plus
We offer a great benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, and an IRA Plan. Two weeks paid vacation per year, plus a full week paid during Christmas.
When applying, please submit your cover letter, resume and online reel to email@example.com. We will review the work of candidates who already reside in the states. Please do not apply for this job if your skills are not a match. Contacting with a formal introduction is highly suggested. Thank you.