3D Technical Artist
Deep Sky is on the lookout for a 3D Technical Artist to join our 3D Team full time. We are looking for a candidate that has a strong portfolio with demonstrated talent in all things 3D. The generalist should easily switch from lighting to texturing to troubleshooting technical issues with ease. This role is perfect for someone who likes character art and product rendering, works great within a small team, and enjoys switching from task to task.
- Create top notch work within reasonably quick turnaround time.
- Work within Maya scenes to create fantastically lit and textured compositions for rendering.
- Trouble shoot technical issues that may arise across 3D disciplines including modeling, texturing, material shaders, lighting, and rendering.
- Communicate regularly with teammates and team leads to help keep projects on track and on time.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 4+ years as a 3D artist/generalist.
- Advanced knowledge of modeling, UV layout, material & texture setup in Maya.
- Experience with Cinema 4D, Arnold, and Redshift.
- Experience using Renderman in Maya a plus.
- Experience using Unreal Engine a plus.
We offer a great benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, and an IRA Plan. Two weeks paid vacation per year, plus a full week paid during Christmas. When applying, please submit your cover letter, resume and online reel to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review the work of candidates who already reside in the states. Please do not apply for this job if your skills are not a match. Contacting with a formal introduction is highly suggested. Thank you.