Deep Sky is seeking experienced 2D character animators to join our team in Portland, Oregon. We are searching for individuals experienced with a variety of animation styles and techniques. Candidate must be detail-oriented, remain on-model with characters, and possess a deep understanding of the principles of animation. Projects range from animated shorts, series, music videos, explainers, social media content, and documentaries.
- Draft and animate various animation styles and characters
- Collaborate closely on existing and future projects with teams
- Communicate clearly and in a timely manner with all members of the team
- Properly and accurately gauge timelines required for completion of work
- Able to work independently when needed
- Animating roughs and animation cleanup
- Add final color fills or paint to animation as well as compositing
The successful candidate will possess:
- Strong time-management skills
- 2+ years industry experience
- A reel and online portfolio showcasing numerous examples of current up-to-date work
- Showcase animation examples demonstrating knowledge of body mechanics
- Showcase animation projects that demonstrates attention to acting, emotion, and storytelling
- Is passionate, confident, resourceful, self-motivated, and creative
- Ability to rig and animate characters in After Effects
- Experienced with animatic editing
- Experienced with Animate, AE, TV Paint, and Harmony
We offer a great benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, and an IRA Plan. Two weeks paid vacation per year, plus a full week paid during Christmas.
When applying, please submit your cover letter, resume and online reel to email@example.com. We will review the work of candidates who already reside in the states. Please do not apply for this job if your skills are not a match. Contacting with a formal introduction is highly suggested. Thank you.